Friday, September 5, 2014

September INTERVIEW WITH AN INDIE - STARDUST POLISH

Going back in a time warp to my very FIRST indie polish purchase....

STARDUST POLISH

Stardust came into my life back in July of 2013. Royalty was just one I HAD to have, it was indeed, my breaking point. I still LOVE Royalty. She's reformulated it but my "old" bottle still serves me well. I also purchased Polar Ice - unfortunately I pretty much used that one to death.

When I began these blogs, I knew it was inevitable that I would be talking about STARDUST. When I began the interviews, Drema was definitely on my list! But that was before the arrival of adORable Logan. (My gosh, those cheeks!) So with everything a polish maker is already doing, planning new lines, ordering supplies, labeling, mailing, making, mixing.....how could I bother Drema?








Apparently not a bother. What a great girl Drema is - again, a common thread amongst successful indie polish makers. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

The question I always ask, but is a good one....why "Stardust"?
 
As all my friends know I am a HUGE science/space nerd & I love everything science/space related. It took me weeks to come up with my business name and I decided on Stardust while watching an episode of Nova on PBS and it was about space and I learned that 93% of the mass in our body is stardust. I found that fact so interesting and it seemed like a natural fit for a business name for me.



Royals was one of my first indie polishes, why have you decided to reformulate it and what is the difference?

Royalty 2.0 is made with a different color base than the original one, they are very similar but different enough where I can't say it is the same. 


How long have you been making polish?

I have been making polish now for a year & a half.

Tell me about your 'wifey' Rica, how did that marraige happen and when?

Hahaha I'm not quite sure how it happened, it just kind of did. She was the first blogger I used consistently (before she started Rica's Polish) and we started talking all the time & we are so much alike. I talk to her every single day...99% of the time it's all day! 
 


I love the G.N.O.M.E. boxes! Will those be monthly?

The G.N.O.M.E. boxes will indeed be monthly and always include a polish from me & one from Rica & a different extra thing every month.

How are you managing with new baby and polish? Do you find it hard to make time for polish now? (to make it and to wear?)

I am not going to lie, it is hard managing being a new mom, owning my own business & making time for my husband. I try my best, but my family will always come first. My husband is very supportive of my business so that makes it easier but sometimes he just wants to spend time with me (I am lucky to have a husband who still likes spending time with me :P) I rarely wear polish anymore, mostly I don't have the time to paint them and Logan likes to stick my hand in his mouth :)

 

Tell me about YOUR favorites? - favorite polishes, main stream and indie???

My favorite main stream is OPI, and the only main stream I will buy. My favorite indies are Rica's Polish, Powder Perfect (Aussie) and Black Cat Lacquer
 

How many tattoos do you have? Any great stories behind any of them? (pics?!)

I have 10 tattoos, the only story behind them is the one on my foot. 5 Years ago my husband bought me a star & named it after me. I got the coordinates tattooed on my foot, along with a Phoenix (that is what constellation my star is in) I do not have any pictures :(

(note from aprilaura: I found a few pics of her tattoos, and I'm using these with permission - I'm crafty like that! I particularly LOVE her Alice in Wonderland tatts, look at those colors!!!)








Football fan? Who is your team? Why?

Broncos! I was born in Colorado and that is who I grew up watching.  


Do you have "swatchers"? If so who?

I try to use many different swatchers & bloggers but I would have to say Cho @cherubim is my favorite, her swatches are always stunning, no matter what type of polish I send her.


What's the hardest part of being "mom"?

The hardest part of being a mom is there is never any down time or alone time which can be mentally exhausting always having worrying about everything.

Best date night?

My best date ever was actually my first date with my husband Mark. He wouldn't tell me where we were going so I had no idea what to wear so that was kind of strange. But, the date was a couples massage, he got me naked on the first date without anything sexual happening :P and then we went to a restaurant called Rock Bottom Brewery where I ordered BBQ chicken pizza and one of those small bottles of Korbel champagne. I clearly am not a salad on the first date type of lady.





Favorite CAUSE?

My favorite cause is the World Wildlife Fund. I think it is important to protect our environment and animals that we as humans are causing to go into extinction.
What does hubby do?
My husband works for an environmental company called Clean Harbors, he is currently is contracted through DOW Chemical. What he does is help companies dispose of their hazardous waste correctly and legally.







Will Logan have siblings someday?

As of right now we plan on Logan being our only child. When he is 1 we will be making the final decision if it's just him or maybe another...but I can say with 98% surety he will be an only child.

Where are you located?
I am located in Midland, MI. It is about 2 hours north of Detroit.



What does your future hold??

I honestly have no idea! I try not to make any plans because life happens & things don't always go as planned :)
 










I especially love that she allowed me to get personal with her, it's always an option to answer my questions and she obviously didn't hold back, and I appreciate that. While I too, am guilty of wanting MY polishes RIGHT NOW, we all need to realize that these indie polish makers have lives too - they have families, pets, sometimes they have day jobs, or all day all night jobs like Drema caring for little Logan.
 
Support your fellow polish lovers/makers - she has recently released a BUNCH of new polishes - and I'll be doing my usual giveaway on Instagram so keep your eyes open for that!!! If you can't wait and need her polishes sooner than later; visit www.stardustpolish.com or www.stardustpolish.etsy.com she can also be found at IG@stardustpolish and facebook: www.facebook.com/stardustpolishllc
 

No comments:

Post a Comment