Wednesday, September 3, 2014

SWATCH OUT!!! An interview with an indie swatcher - TATTOOED NAIL GIRL/SHANEL

Hey there, it's your friendly interviewer once again.....
My head goes in several different directions. I presently can honestly admit, I have gotten way ahead of myself and I can't keep up with my ideas. That being said; I look at that fact in a positive light.

Here is my one of my recent brilliant ideas: what if I interview those lucky ladies we see modeling our favorite indies? I mean, to be totally honest - don't we secretly wish we ALL could be swatchers? Get the latest releases before anyone else and show them off? No? Just me? I'm betting I'm not alone.

So, no secret I love me some Liquid Sky Lacquer.
 (Thank you captain obvious!)

One of Carolyn's swatchers is Shanel (aka The Tattooed Nail Girl) - and well, what can I say? I love her claws dammit!
Shanel is awesome. I stalk her on FB too, and she's just darn cool, and I like cool people. So I asked and OF COURSE she agreed (didn't I mention she was cool?) and here is the result. Enjoy!

When/Why/How - did you become a swatcher?
Well I started my page last Oct. 2013 but I had already been "swatching" for about a year before that in a couple groups on Facebook that are no longer around and on my personal page. When I would buy an indie or a new polish in general I'd want to share it with everyone or the maker so I'd swatch it. I got a lot of compliments on my nails and everyone kept suggesting I start a blog. But to be honest I am horrible at writing. I didn't have enough things to say about each polish other than I think it's awesome you should buy it lol. So I decided to give in and start a Facebook page. So here I am!

If you don't mind saying what is your fav indie?
Favorite Indie is of course Liquid Sky Lacquer. I don't make it a secret that Carolyn is my favorite and I'm pretty sure she always will be.
Fav non indie?
Hmm that's a hard one. It's a tie between Zoya and O.P.I

What is your regular nail care routine?
I don't really have much of one I guess. Nightly I use California Mango, Mango Mend. Comes in this little container it's orange and smells amazing. It's a balm and I swear by it. In fact I have one in my purse and one in my room! I only use a glass file if I have to file or adjust my nails and I only file when I have polish on my nails that way I know they'll end up straight. And I only file one direction, that way I don't split my nails. I Also use California Mango Cuticle Remover once every other month. I buff my nails once every other month to remove ridges and I also use Nail Tek ll Intensive Therapy on my nails 3-4 times a week under my base coat. Nail Tek ll is for thin and split nails, it's really helped to strengthen up my nails and make them hard. I try to keep polish on them as often as I can and I keep my hands out of water as much as possible since water does tend to make them weak.

Any good advice for healthier nails?
Nail Tek ll Intensive Therapy 3-4 times a week under your base coat. Drink a TON of water!! Keep your hands out water. So if you have to do dishes, wear gloves!! Keeping polish on them will also help prevent them from splitting.
 
What do you do for fun?
For fun, I spent time with my Puggle Mika, I used to make jewelry for a living but sadly with the economy so slow, I had to close down my business. I read, I love to travel, love road trips (especially to Disney World), I love hiking, I love learning- Science and marine life is a big thing for me. I'm sure there is more, just can't think of it at the moment lol
 
Tell me about your Disney obsession? 
lol Not sure what there is to say about it. Disney is awesome!! Nuff said!! lol But seriously, my Boyfriend, Scott and I are HUGE and I mean H.U.G.E. Disney fans!! Like I mean our entire house when we move in together is already planned out to be Disneyified lol. Except his office, that's Galaxy and Star Wars lol. We love Disney because no matter your age, you get to be a kid. You get to be young and free. You get to believe the world is filled with magic, adventure, pirates, fairies, Princesses and that if you truly believe, than anything can happen.

Tell me about Alaska?!
Alaska is one of those places that you say "Someday I'd like to go there" And yet most people never do. Well I actually got to and it was AMAZING and breathtaking!! And a million other adjectives! I went for 9 days. We flew there and decided it was better than taking a cruise and being stuck at sea for days not doing anything but staying on the ship. We Did a day cruise for 6 hrs. Saw whales, Dall porpoises, Dall sheep, Puffins and glaciers. I got to be a co-pilot and fly around Mt. McKinley (Mt. Denali), Took a train all over a Alaska, took a bus tour through Denali National Park and saw a Mama Bear and her cub playing. Saw a Junior Bull Moose run up a ridge. I could go on and on with the things I go to see and experience but it would take up way too much space. I got to stay in some amazing lodges and meet people from all over the world. Alaska is a trip that everyone should experience and I truly mean that!! Don't just do a cruise, fly there and truly experience it!!! Heck I ate reindeer!! NOT some thing this city girl would normally do. lol.
 
Obviously you're tattooed, Pics? Which is your fav tattoo? Who does them?
My favorite tattoo is a matching one with my sister. It says You Are My Person and it's part of an Infinity symbol. It means that not matter what happens in this world, no matter what you do, where you go. I've got your back. I will always be there for you. I will always love you. I will always support you. You can count on me no matter what. I am your person for infinity!
How many do you have? Will there be more?
lol I currently have 16 and yes there are plans for at least 4 cover ups (tattoos done when I was young and stupid) and at least 15-20 new ones.

Favorite movie?  
Boondock Saints, The Notebook, Beauty and The Beast are my top 3
 
Future plans?
Move to Florida to be with Scott and become Annual Pass Holders to Disney World lol Hey don't judge. Long term for us is to buy property in Washington in the next 10 yrs or so. No kids, but have some dogs and a pygmy goat lol. I might try some nail art videos way down the road once I move to Florida and have my own nail room where I can have a better set up.
 
What do you hate?
I SERIOUSLY hate is people who neglect or abuse animals. I am extremely passionate and overly emotional when it comes to animals.

See? I told you she was cool. If you'd like to follow her, she is @tattooednailgirl on IG. I just love her nails and her nail art - she recently did a series of swatches using Zoya's latest releases and they are stunning!!! Check her out!

Thanks again for reading my blog, I will continue to brainstorm with new ideas to keep things interesting. xo Aprilaura



No comments:

Post a Comment